What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten
maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural
- Relieve migraine pain.
THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
Swedish massage uses five styles of long, flowing strokes to massage. Swedish massage has shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness, and improving function in clients with osteoarthritis.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep tissue massage is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles. Deep tissue massage is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity (such as athletes), and clients who have sustained physical injury. It is not uncommon for receivers of deep tissue massage to have their pain replaced with a new muscle ache for a day or two.
HOT STONE MASSAGE
hot stone massage therapy uses the direct heat of the stones to relax muscles, allowing the therapist access to their deeper muscle layers. Combining hot stone protocols with a full body massage provides a very relaxing and calming experience.
Pre-Natal massage has been found to reduce stress, decrease swelling in the arms and legs, and relieve aches and pains in muscles and joints. It's a popular complementary therapy during pregnancy for back pain, when choices for pain relief, such as medication, are often limited
A Western massage that addresses specific needs of athletes. Components can include Swedish massage, cross-fiber friction massage, deep compression massage, trigger point therapy, and or Muscle Release Technique. Timing for this type of massage would be during training, before or after events, to enhance performance, or promote healing post injury. This is also the perfect massage for those individuals who are in the gym at least 5-6 times a week.